Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Empty rooms my emotions left

In a song by Keith Urban he says that he is sweeping out the empty rooms his emotions left. Well I think I have finally closed the doors to those rooms and locked off that wing of my life. Actually having some sort of peace of mind feels good! I talked to my best friend last night and it sucks that he knows me so well. I always joke about still being friends with him because he knows too much about me to not be friends with him, but the truth is that he is so much a part of my life and always has been. Even when we didn't talk as much for a long while...Due to relationships we both were in... We still had that connection. I have 2 friends that I have been friends with for a very long time. Jason, whom I have known since he was short and fat.... And Paula who is the first person I met in my first unit at Fort Hood, 8 years ago. Neither of them live close but we talk all the time. Paula came to visit over the Easter holidays and I will see her again next march or April when she has her baby and I will see Jason over Christmas when I go home. He is coming home too.
Anyway...I think I lost track of what I was originally blogging about. Peace of mind is something I never really thought I would find. Especially about my life. I have found POM about many things...Especially my husband...I have come to peace with the fact that he is not like other husbands...He is not always lovey dovey...He likes to joke around and have fun which is great because I wouldn't want a stick in the mud...But I have peace about this. I have peace about my family... We have never been a close family...We don't say I love you nor do we kiss and hug...My mother is just not like that...But I am at peace with it...I know she loves me and I know that the rest of the family does too so it doesn't matter if she tells me. She shows it in different ways.
But there are many things I have peace with but never did I think I would finally achieve the Peace of mind that I think everyone deserves. It feels really good.
Don't ask me how I achieved it...It just happened...Not overnight but gradually I started feeling better and better about things...It is just as my title blog says...I have disinfected the history of my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home