Thursday, April 26, 2007

Full of Pride?

Please do not take what I am going to say out of MY context. My co-workers and I were talking about Iraq and the House passing the bill with the the troop pullout timetable in it. I feel like the president is defying the American people with his pride. He knows that there needs to be change in the policy effecting Iraq but he isn't willing to do so. He has decided that he will Veto the bill before he even has it in his hands. To me that says, "I don't care...I am the boss and we will do as I say" instead he should be saying " I will take into consideration all that has been presented to me and make a decision from there.
Iraq is something of a sore spot for me since I have sent my husband off to fight that war and will be doing so again in the next few months. I am not one of those wives that complain about the work my husband does since I know what the Army is about...I have been there. But...I also know that there are many things about this war that need to change. First of all it needs to be stated that yes we are still in a war. Everyone seems to forget that the president landed on a carrier and proclaimed that the war was over...
I am worried for my husband's safety. I am worried that my children may very well grow up without a father. I am not willing to become a widow. I married a man that I wanted to grow old with and that is what my plan is. I don't want to grow old without him. So do I think there needs to be a timetable for troop pullout? Yes I do. Do I think we need to make changes in the policies in Iraq? Yes I do. I think Iraq needs to be held accountable for their own country. I think they need to crack down on their own borders and stop allowing the "outsider terrorists" to come in. they need to prosecute the people that are being caught to include the high ranking officials in Iraqi Parliament. These are the things that a democratic government do. These are the things that need to happen so that they can stand alone in their own fight. But...
There are more problems other than these...there is the age old problem of religion there...we will NEVER convince them that tolerance of religion works...therefore this will continue to be a civil war of sorts....what do we do about this? Our troops can't fix that problem no matter how many we have there. I said the president needs to go to Iraq and stay for 15 months...lets see if things change then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home